Monday, July 28, 2008

Bringing Amnesty Home - Part 2

The light at the end of the tunnel...is an oncoming sailboat !!!

After a 3 day overland voyage, Amnesty finally arrived. My transporter was one of the best people I had the opportunity to work with so far. He is a boat owner himself and knew that this was my first boat, I received regular updates on progress and he provided me with a pretty accurate ETA.

I knew the route he was taking from the freeway to the boat yard where it would be recommissioned. I found a good vantage point and waited as patiently as I could. My good friend Peter waited with me and even provided some beers that we drank out of paper sacks to calm my nerves.

It wasn't very long before I saw the un-mistakable shape of a large sailboat on a big rig. I was able to snap these photos as she went by.





When Amnesty finally arrived at the boat yard, I handed the driver a bottle of single malt scotch.


After three months of work, countless phone calls, emails, and $7,500 dollars...Amnesty was home.

No comments: