Friday, June 27, 2008

Retro Fit - May

Done - Finished - Complete

After five full months the Retro-Fit is complete. The final phase took two full weeks and was the most challenging (and expensive) work yet. The navigation system is in and the hot water heater as well. I had the boat yard install them for me...it was one of those things that seemed best left to the pros. Researching and deciding which systems to go with was the a sizable task on it's own.

While the boat was out of the water, I put a fresh coat of bottom paint on (Two full days) and buffed & polished the hull (Three full days). Rolling the paint was pretty easy and I had some help (Thanks Petar) . Buffing & polishing the hull was an absolutely exhausting task and I invented a new kind of muscle ache in the process. Imagine holding a 6 1/2 lb power buffer at arms length for two days. I finished the buff & polish nearly a week ago and my arms still hurt.

Here if the end result.





No comments: